In the weeks before the Democratic National Convention, the national media has turned its watchful eye toward Charlotte, and our great beer scene is not exempt from its gaze. Several publications have already made mention of Charlotte’s breweries and bars, with likely more to come before and during the convention.
If you’re visiting Charlotte for the DNC, please make it a point to visit some of the Charlotte beer spots that have been mentioned, as well as those that haven’t (you can find lists of Charlotte breweries, bars and beer stores at the top of this site).
- A piece in The Boston Globe makes mention of both NoDa Brewing and the NoDa Run Club.
- If you’re looking to “wet your whistle” in Charlotte, the Chicago Tribune recommends Olde Mecklenburg, Al Michael’s Tavern and VBGB Beer Hall and Garden.
- Mother Earth Brewing’s new DNC-label of Endless River is at bottle shops around town, including Brawley’s Beverage, Vintner Wine Market and Common Market.
- LoneRider Brewing Company in Raleigh will be the official beer sponsor of the CNN Grill during the convention.
- The Washingtonian recommends “the Olde Mecklenburg Brewery for traditional German-style brews, or hit NoDa Brewing Company for wild American concoctions.”
- In its “breviloquent” travel guide, Esquire recommended stopping by Common Market for a beer.
- For the week of the convention, Mellow Mushroom will fill all of its taps with NC beer.
- Dilworth Neighborhood Grille will feature all NC beer during DNC week as well. Here’s a photo of their initial lineup.
Last, but certainly not least, CLT Blog and Charlotte In 2012 filmed a video profiling the Charlotte beer scene.