Chicago’s Goose Island Brewery hits the Charlotte market on Monday, Nov. 26 when many Charlotte bars will tap their IPA, which won a gold medal at GABF this year (and five GABF medals in years prior). Following the IPA will be kegs of their classic brands 312 Urban Wheat Ale, Honker’s Ale and Mild Winter at select accounts in December, with bottles coming March 1.
Goose Island reached production capacity at their Chicago brewery in 2010, which is one of the reasons they sold the company to Anheuser-Busch last year. The purchase will allow the Chicago location more time, resources and space to dedicate to things like their barrel-aging program; meanwhile, some Anheuser-Busch breweries will be contract brewing many of Goose Island’s aforementioned classic brands. Charlotte may get the vintage brands (Matilda, Sofie, Juliet, Pere Jacques, etc.) if the classic brands sell well.
As part of the launch, many bars are offering “Chicago meets Charlotte” food options (see Duckworth’s Ballantyne’s Chicago and Carolina hot dogs). There will also be free glassware and giveaways at many bars. Below is a list of accounts that will tap the Goose Island IPA on next week. Stay tuned for more info, and follow @GoldenGooseCLT on Twitter.
Monday, Nov. 26 IPA Tappings
- Brickhouse Tavern (Davidson) at 5 p.m.
- Common Market Plaza Midwood at 6:30 p.m.
- Duckworth’s Ballantyne at 6:30 p.m.
- Mac’s Speed Shop South Blvd at 6:30 p.m.
- BlackFinn Saloon at 6:30 p.m.
- Rí Rá Irish Pub at 6:30 p.m.
- Revolution Pizza at 6:30 p.m.
- Selwyn Pub at 5 p.m.
- Good Bottle Company at 5 p.m.
- Common Market SouthEnd at 6 p.m.
- Kickstand Burgers ‘n Bar at 7 p.m.
- Vintner Wine Market
- Mac’s Speed Shop Steele Creek at 5 p.m.
- Carolina Ale House at 5:30 p.m.
- The Liberty at 6 p.m.
- Salud Beer Shop at 7 p.m.
- Icehouse at 7 p.m.
- Dandelion Market at 7 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 29 IPA Tappings:
- Duckworth’s Park Rd at 6 p.m.
- VBGB Beer Hall at 6 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 30 IPA Tappings:
- Mac’s Speed Shop Lake Norman at 5 p.m.