This Saturday, D9 Brewing in Cornelius will host a brunch and bottle release event for Saint Martin’s Cross, an imperial Scotch ale aged on oak previously soaked in Talisker single malt scotch.
The beer-infused Scottish brunch kicks off at 11 a.m. with the following menu prepared by Tim “The Brew Chef” Schafer:
- Scottish pickled eggs with “beernaise” sauce
- Beer and bacon-braised cabbage with caraway and cider vinegar
- Smashed red-skinned potatoes with horseradish and scallions
- Scotch ale-spiked beef “slop,” topped with yeast dumplings
- Beer-brined and applewood-smoked pork shoulder, pulled and served in a Scotch ale and whisky “gravy”
- Double chocolate banana bread pudding with spiced Scotch ale vanilla whipped cream
- Fresh-baked dinner rolls
Tickets to the brunch are just $25 and include a 22-ounce bottle of St. Martin’s Cross (there is a brunch-only option for $15). The brunch is limited to just 80 guests, and tickets can be purchased here.
Bottles of the beer alone will retail for $10.99 starting at noon, and the beer will only be available in the taproom.