If you have an ear for beer, there’s a new Charlotte beer podcast you’ll want to give a listen. Fresh off the heels of the excellent Charlotte Beercast comes Cheers Charlotte, a new podcast “exploring the world of craft beer, homebrewing, great food and good living in Charlotte, NC.”
Hosting the podcast are Jay Brown (aka “Jay Weezie”), a beer nerd and local radio personality that you may have heard on The Fan WFNZ 610 AM; Cesar Leyva, director of marketing for the Carolina BrewMasters; and Ford Craven, a member of the Charlotte Beer Club, Carolina BrewMasters, and co-founder of the Cabarrus County Homebrewers Society.
In the inaugural episode, the guys discuss:
- What did we drink? A recap of what everyone drank over the past few weeks.
- The rise in homebrewing.
- The Beer Pouch (think a Capri-Sun for beer).
- Weekly Guest: Rob Adams, a member of the Carolina BrewMasters, talks about his experience becoming a nationally-recognized beer judge.
- The guys try Franziskaner hefeweizen and go through the beer judge score sheet (aroma, appearance, flavor, mouthfeel and overall impression).
- Homebrewer Spotlight: Steve Nance.