Heist Brewery on Tuesday, July 22 will host Films on Tap, a new group that aims to pair “local beer & amazing short films from the greater Charlotte area.”
Tickets for the inaugural event at Heist Brewery can be purchased at the door for $10. The ticket also includes a flight of the brewery’s beers, each paired with a specific film by that film’s director, who will introduce the beer and film.
The screening starts at 7 p.m. and should last an hour or so. The following five films will be shown:
- Like Rats in a Trap, a film about a 1904 flood at the Reed gold mine. Directed by Scott Lazes and G.S. Koch.
- Shelter 5, a film that focuses on a group of post-apocalyptic survivors in a bomb shelter. Directed by Aaron Longstreth.
- Test of Uncertainty, a horror comedy centering around a pregnancy test . Directed by Carl Lechner.
- Juice, a music video for Ancient Cities that features a hero trying to save a princess from a “red-headed Bojangles’ eating king.” Directed by William S. Davis.
- The Bishop Boys, a film about a family that knocks over convenience stores together. Directed by Andrew Huggins.
Follow Films on Tap on Facebook for more info and to keep up-to-date with future events, which they hope to host quarterly at local breweries.